
The fourth year students are teaching catechism at the "Central Elementar School". We were divided into lots of groups with four to five members and promised to teach our assigned class about our religion. At first we were a bit shy and uncertain but as we get to know our grade five students, we were able to express ourselves to them. Teaching them is fun but challenging. Almost all of us realized what a teacher really do and how they feel when they teach us.
One of my most unforgettable moments was when I was young and I compared myself to them, my students. Almost everything was the opposite. I studied in a private school in Manila while they are studying in a public school. I was still very childish before sometimes until now while they are mature enough to go home themselves, do house chores and sweep the corridors. I am very amazed with their abilities and their personalities may improve with God's doctrine.
Teaching those fifth graders may be hard but it is also fun and rewarding. Rewarding in a sense that I feel like I've done a good job or feeling the warmth of success. I know a lot of my students now and their personalities. I hope that I contributed something good to who they are right now. I feel very happy that I can spread God's good news and like what the Apostles went through... it wasn't that easy.

No comments:
Post a Comment